Friday 27 November 2009

Title ideas

I wanted my magazine name to reflect the type of music and the attitude to that music that my magazine would have. As my magazine was mainly focusing on how bands and artists from the past have shaped the modern music scene. I thought a good word to start with would be 'iconic.' However, I did not think this word in itself would make a good title. So I went onto an online thesaurus and searched the words 'icon' and 'inspire.' I got the following words as a response;

fusion

flow

vision

spark

muse

genius

I really like dthw eord 'fusion' so I brainstormed some other synonyms for that;

strike

energise

infuse

galvanize

revive

reflect

ignite

From this list I picked the following two as my favourite ideas;

spark- I liked 'Spark' as I thought it summed up how musicians such as The Beatles (the pioneers of rock music) inspired other bands to form, thus shaping the music industry and 'sparking' the ideas.

fusion- I liked 'Fusion' because I thought it sounded like a catchy name and it summed up how my magazine was a fusion of modern and older music.

I asked my focus group which name they liked the best and 'fusion' was the unanimous winner. So I decided to call my magazine 'Fusion.'

No comments:

Post a Comment