Friday 20 November 2009

My focus group

For my music magazine focus group, I wanted to involve people who had a keen interest in music and also a mixture of ages and genders. Therefore, I decided to use a new focus group rather than use the same people from my student magazine focus group. I did this because, my focus group last time was made up of only girls and they were all 16 years old, which does not give me the variety I need for this task. Also, some of my focus group aren't particularly interested in music. The members of my focus group are;


Name: Alex Burnett-Scott

Age: 14

Favourite Artists: The Strokes, Bloc Party, The Smiths


Favourite music magazine: NME

Alex regularly goes to gigs in London where he lives and also goes to the Isle of Wight festival in the summer with his family. The best gig he's been to is Blur at Hyde Park. He uses his i-pod, i-tunes, Spotify and hypem.com to listen to music. He plays the guitar and the bass and is in a band.






Name: Gemma Howard

Age:16

Favourite Artists: The Libertines, Los Campesinos, Patrick Wolf

Favourtie music magazine: NME

Gemma regularly goes to gigs and most recently went to see The Decemberists. The best gig she's ever been to is Pete Doherty at Sheperd's Bush Empire. She loves to listen to music either on her i-pod, itunes or the radio.






Name: Rosie Marks

Age: 14

Favourite artists: Manic Street Preachers, The Smiths, Tokio Hotel

Favourite music magazine: Q

Rosie recently went to see Morrissey at Brentwood Centre, which she says is the best gig she's ever been to. She is nearly always listening to music, either in her i-pod or using i-tunes.






Name: Ryan Webster

Age: 16

Favourite Artists: The Beatles, Oasis, Bob Dylan

Favourite music magazine: Q

Ryan likes to go to gigs and is looking forward to see Ian Brown this month. The best gig he's ever been to is Oasis' last night at Wembley Stadium (which turned out to be their last stadium gig in the UK.) He uses Spotify, radio, YouTube and I-tunes to listen to music. He plays the guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment